First Year Wedding Anniversaries are wonderful occasions. The couple get to reflect on their big day, maybe re-visit where they got married or dig out the wedding video and bask in the glory of re-watching the best event that ever was!
The traditional gift for a First Wedding Anniversary is Paper. It can be tricky – how can paper mark such a special milestone? At Cuando we have searched far and wide around the country to find stunning paper gift ideas worthy of the occasion. Check out some of these beauties…
- ‘Grá, dílseacht agus carideas’ means love, loyalty and friendship and was used as an old Irish wedding vow. This beautiful print by Under the Willow Paper Co. is a great way to mark the day, and remember what it’s all about!
- This map art by six0six designs is a perfect First Anniversary gift for long distance love. It doesn’t have to be too long distance, it’s too nice for that!
- Remember the really special parts of the day, the vows, the speeches, the first dance and capture those words in a stunning piece of custom calligraphy by Soul Scribe Calligraphy.
- If you are buying for your bride, why not splash out and get her custom illustration of her in her wedding dress? Or one of the both of you? By Alison B Illustrations.
- “We’re all a little weird, and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love” – This Dr. Seuss quote is presented here in a beautiful keepsake card by Ruby Doodle. You can add the names of the couple and the date of the wedding or anniversary to the card.
- “I knew I’d find you”. This simple but fabulous print by Fab Cow says it all really. 💖
- NJR Designs do a completely customised framed Anniversary Word Art where you can add the couple’s names, and date and location of wedding. It includes the phrases “The best thing in live to hold on to is each other” and “Everything in life is better with two” but this can be changed to whatever you wish either!
- For a one-of-a-kind thoughtful gift with a wow factor get a hand drawn unique black and white drawing of the couple by Little Star Illustrations. Professionally framed.
We hope these Paper gifts inspire you for your special occasion. See here for our full Anniversary Range.
Of course First Anniversary being paper does lend itself to getting creative yourself too! If you have any other ideas for nice thoughtful ways to celebrate a first wedding anniversary submit your idea below and it might be added to the blog!