Cuando.ie is 1 year old today!
**It’s our first Birthday!**
Cuando.ie went live one year ago today. Given the day that’s in it, I thought I’d post something of a more personal nature than usual, that’s me, Karen, in the pic there! 😂
I set up Cuando after I had my amazing little boy (now 2 years old). They say necessity is the mother of invention and the idea for Cuando kept coming to me because I genuinely found myself needing it. I had lots of special occasions at the time that I wanted to get really thoughtful presents for, but I was so busy in work that I couldn’t find the time for the necessary online research or to physically visit some of my favourite stores (how many of you can relate?!!).
I was sneaking time on my commute or lunchbreak to search on my phone for the right gift. I’d find gorgeous things that ended up coming from halfway around the world (meaning $$$!), or in the end discover that they didn’t ship to Ireland at all. It was frustrating as I knew that so many people here in Ireland were making wonderful quality things but I just couldn’t find them easily in one place at the tap of a phone. My digital media background was nagging at me – do something! As the idea formed I began to visit more and more design events and craft fairs, meeting these people who were creating the most beautiful gifts. Referrals also came in quick and fast from people who had been gifted something great, people love a good find!
And so Cuando.ie came to be. It has been one hell of a year! Just some of the highlights are…
- The buzz of finding or meeting a new Vendor, seeing what they make and hearing about how they make it. The stories are wonderful! (and the plan is to feature these stories here this year so stay tuned for those!)
- Getting to know the Cuando Vendors better (awesome bunch) and to see their product ranges develop. It’s fascinating and inspiring to witness the talent that they have (I will stick to digital media rather than attempt to take up the creative side, I would cut myself with a blunt spoon!) There are so many small creative businesses all over Ireland, Cuando provides one easy way to support them.
- When someone gets in touch with their own idea about a unique gift for someone dear to them and we can match them to a Vendor who can bring that idea to life. It’s so rewarding to facilitate that thoughtfulness & create a one-of-a-kind gift.
- Customer reviews – people taking time out of their busy day to leave lovely reviews for a purchase always blows my mind (so much appreciated!)
- How helpful people are when you tell them you have set up a business, from tips and ideas to new contacts and resources. When other people get excited for you it’s the best feeling.
- The ongoing digital media journey brings new things to do or learn every day – it never stays still and neither will Cuando.ie!
- Buying my own gifts for people from Cuando Vendors – I practise what I preach! It’s so nice to be able to always find something special and made in Ireland.
- Seeing how much family will put up with when you are doing something like this! (THANK YOU!) 😃
A huge thank you to those who have made a purchase in this first year, to those who have shown support, to those who have come on board! You are super.
Excited to see what the next year will bring 👏