Sometimes, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart…Gift Ideas for New Baby
A new arrival is such a momentous occasion for so many people, whether your best friend is about to become a parent, or you are about to be an aunty or uncle, or maybe a first time grandparent, you’re about to meet someone new to love, how great is that? We’ve put together a few sample ideas of thoughtful and lovingly crafted gifts aims to help you mark such a special time with a very special gift. All made by our talented Vendors around Ireland.
- These prints of the new baby’s name by Little Star Illustrations are prints of original artwork and a great lifelong gift for baby. Black and white with a pop of red, they are gorgeous pieces to hang in the nursery.
- This Baby Patchwork Quilt by Nellie & Maud is completely one-of-a-kind, only one of each quilt is made (though we stock a variety of one off’s in various colours and patterns). The baby’s name and date of birth can be hand-embroidered onto the quilt.
- If you want to capture that new bond between baby and mama this print of a Mama Whale and Baby Whale by Lilly and Bright does that so adorably well. They also do personalised prints with baby’s name and date of birth like this Elephant and Flower one – cute!
- NJR do a beautifully framed New Baby Word Art where you can add baby’s name and date of birth alongside the gorgeous phrase (and inspiration for blog title!) ‘Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart’. So sweet.
- We are all so consumed with technology these days so this Message in a Bottle is a wonderful way to take a little time and leave a handwritten note for baby to open on their 18th or 21st birthdays – imagine the novelty of it by then. A very touching gift.
- Try encouraging baby right from the start to be themselves with this inspirational ‘Be Free‘ artwork by Fab Cow. “…So chart your own course and set out to sea, follow your heart and you’ll always be free.” That’s a great message and a great gift.
- If you want to go all out, this New Baby Pebble Art by Rowan Beg can be personalised with name, date, quote, or message and the reclaimed wood frame is simply stunning and certainly has the wow factor.
- It can be surprisingly hard to find soft warm booties for baby and let’s face it – in Ireland we kind of need them. This pair of Hand Knit Cashmere Baby Booties by Lilly and Bright are stylish and comfortable and come beautifully presented – to keep forever as baby’s first shoes!
- Is it a wee Cailín or a Fir beag? Ruby Doodle do these lovely keepsake cards complete with Cailín / Fir Beag and baby’s name and date of birth.
- If the parents are fans of really stylish artwork look no further than this Tile Art by Alanna Plekkenpol. It’s art on tiles, beautifully presented and something that the baby can have when they’re older too!
See here for more in our full New Baby range.