Safety razors produce an excellent and smooth shave. Shaving should be treated as a pleasurable experience, and your skin should be looked after while doing so. This handcrafted personalised razor has been made from Irish bog oak wood which adds an extra touch to the traditional shaving experience. The safety razor takes standard double edge blades which can be bought at any good chemist.
The last 4 images show other woods available for choosing as an alternative from the bog oak.
This would be a lovely 5th anniversary gift for your man as this anniversary is celebrated with a wooden gift.
The razor will come packaged in a wooden box filled with wood shavings for maximum presentation.
***Irish Bog Oak approx 4000-6000 years old.***
During hundreds and thousands of years, because of minerals and iron from the water, the rotting of oak timber is slower. A special role is played by the underground waters in the creation and darkening the wood.
Over thousands of years, the wood turns from golden brown to black, this makes it very hard and needs to be worked with sharp tools.
Due to all of this no two trunks can be found of the same colour.
*** How I create a handmade razor***
- A piece is of wood selected from seasoned stock for its grain and colour.
- Each piece is carefully cut to show the best grain.
- Wood is turned to size then sanded through 5 different grits of sandpaper.
- It is then rubbed with a beeswax mix before rounding off with a friction polish to provide a water resilient and durable finish.
- Finally after the pieces have been completed they are then assembled using premium fittings to create the perfect Irish gift for a man.
I do strongly recommend drying the handles of your custom razor after use. With proper care, the finish should provide many years of use.